Field Crew Operatives
As a multi-disciplinary support services company, IETG operate within the water and waste water industries providing our clients in UK Water companies with water flow monitoring services, drainage network management and drainage services.
Based from Leeds, we’re looking for people to join us on a permanent basis as part of a 3-person team working nationally, installing and maintaining water flow and level monitors in manhole chambers within the sewer network.
Your typical day will involve visiting around manholes where you will support your Crew Leader in setting up safely and then carry out the installation, calibration or removal of our equipment – which is usually located inside a confined space or man-hole chamber. This will include lifting and carrying equipment from the vehicle to the specified site.
Our successful candidates will be positive, friendly and flexible people who will get on well working in a small team, travelling daily across the country and working outdoors. You must be willing to learn and you must have a safe approach to your work. The work involves entry into manholes and confined spaces (sewers) so you need to be comfortable with this.
The following are also essential:
- Full UK Driving Licence
- A willingness to work away from home (including overnight stays)
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of working hours – some Saturday and Sunday shifts, may be required (this will attract a higher rate of pay)
Full training will be provided, so you don’t need previous experience in the sector, however a track record in a similar environment would be an advantage. It would be an added bonus (but not essential) if you have any of the following knowledge and/or training:
- Experience of driving a van
- Experience of the waste water industry
- Training in confined space entry
- Training in NRWSA
The salary is £19,344 per year plus overtime with 20 days paid holiday (increasing to 25 with service), contributory company pension scheme, overnight subsistence (breakfast and evening meal provided when working away from home), shopping/leisure/gym vouchers.
Our office is in Leeds, but ideal locations for the successful candidates will be Leeds, Castleford, Doncaster or Barnsley and surrounding areas.
Due to the safety critical nature of the work, successful applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing prior to start and on a spot check basis during employment.
To apply please use the ‘Apply Now’ button.
We have a host of great employee benefits including, but not limited to;
- Enhanced employer contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced life assurance scheme
- Favourable absence pay scheme
- Salary sacrifice and cycle to work scheme
- Increasing holiday allowance with length of service
- Introduce a friend bonus scheme
- Celebrating success awards (given out when people do something great)
As well as the above, we will provide you with support and encouragement to learn and develop to truly reach your potential.